Brake Drum Forge
How to make a brake drum forge to use in your backyard. Try not to aim for something exactly like this, just use whatever you want really.
Things you need:
- brake drum (or equivalent)
- something to make legs out of, minimum 3 pieces
- cheap hairdryer or bathroom fan
- some sort of grate
- a bunch of pieces of pipe
- probably an extension cord
- a welder helps, but is not necessary
This is the basic idea of how the brake drum forge should be set up:
As long as you have something that resembles this, you should be good to go.
Brake Drum Forge Tips
- I found the heat was pretty good at traveling down the pipe to the air source, so maybe make that piece a bit longer than you think you should just to be safe.
- remember to check the ash dump. I lost a good hairdryer on my second day of forging because I underestimated the amount of ash that would be in there and the tube got clogged and the motor blew.
- dont be afraid to use lots of fuel
Got any tips? Leave them below in the comments!